a. What are cookies and how they are used
Cookies are strings of text sent by a web server (eg. The site) to the user’s Internet browser, automatically stored on your computer and automatically sent to the server at each occurrence or subsequent access to the site.
By default most web browsers are set to automatically accept cookies.
- of “session” that are stored on the user’s computer for purely technical and functional requirements, for the transmission of session identifiers required to enable a safe and efficient site exploration; they are canceled at the end of the “session” (hence the name) when the browser is closed. This type of cookie avoids the use of other informatics technologies that could compromise the privacy of the users’ navigation;
- “persistent” that are stored on your computer hard drive until they expire or cancellation by users / visitors. Through persistent cookies visitors who access the site (or any other customers using the same computer) are automatically recognized at each visit. Persistent cookies fulfill many functions in the interest of users (such as the use of the navigation language or recording of the shopping cart in shopping online. However, persistent cookies can also be used for promotional or, even for purposes of dubious legality. Visitors can set the computer’s browser so that it accepts / rejects all cookies or to display a warning whenever a cookie is offered, in order to assess whether or not to accept it. The user is allowed, however, to change the default configuration and disable cookies (ie to block finally them), by setting the higher security level.
These two types of cookies (session and persistent) can in turn be:
- “first party” when they are managed directly by the owner and / or manager of the website
- “third party” when cookies are set and managed by managers that are foreign to the website visited by the user.
b. How cookies work and how they are deleted
The operating modes and options to limit or block cookies, can be made by changing the settings on your Internet browser.
You can also visit the site http://www.aboutcookies.org for information on how you can manage / delete cookies based on the type of browser used.
To remove cookies from the Internet browser of your smartphone / tablet, you should refer to the user manual of the device.
c. List of cookies on this website
As described under a), cookies can be besides those of session and persistent even of third part. The latter fall under the direct and exclusive responsibility of the same operator and are divided into the following main categories:
For example, Google Inc. to have aggregate type statistical information, useful to evaluate the use of the website and the activities carried out by the visitor, stores the information collected by the cookie on servers that can be located in the USA or in other countries. Google will transfer the information produced by its cookies to third parties where required by law or when the third party processes information on its own behalf. Google ensures not to associate the IP address of the user with any other data held in order to obtain a more detailed profile of the user. More information about privacy and their use are available directly on the websites of the respective operators.
- Google Analytics collects information and generates statistics of use of the website without personal identification of individual visitors (read the rules about cookies)
- Facebook is a social network (read the rules about cookies)
For cookies installed by these third-party sites we advise you to inspect their policies on the addresses listed above.
More specific information
Session / temporary: These cookies are deleted from your device when you leave the website.
Permanent / persistent: These cookies are not deleted from your device when you leave the website. Remain on your device for a longer period.